Monday, June 17, 2013

Trip to Pinkpop Music Festival at Netherlands


Place: London - Brussels - Pinkpop Music Festival (Landgraaf, Netherlands)

Date(s) of Travel: June 14 - June 16, 2013




My Experience:

Friends(Mariana and Court) from Amsterdam, whom I met during skiing trip in Alps asked me, it would be nice if I could join them for an upcoming Pinkpop Music festival in Netherlands. I really like music festivals in Europe and I promised to join them.

On Friday morning(I took friday off from work), I started from London to Brussels by Eurostar. I found a ride from Brussels to Pinkpop festival site in Netherlands in a carpooling website. The drive was so much fun with strangers from Brussels as we were all enjoying to techno music all the way. Once we reached the festival site, it was hard to find a parking slot and we decided to park the car in the city centre of Landgraaf and walked to the festival site. After reaching the site, I said bye to my carpooling friends and walked to campsite B(little far from festival site) where Mariana, Court and their friends were camped. Court and his friends came to the entrance at campsite B to pick me up and we reached their tents. After saying Hi to everyone, me and Mariana went to get my festival band and in the meantime their friends pitched my tent. Fran and Anais from skiing trip were also came along and it was nice to meet them again.

After few beers, around 3 PM we all walked to the festival site to catch some music. The festival site contained 3 stages namely Mainstage, 3FM stage and Brand Bier stage and in which last one was the smallest among three. The weather was nice and sunny and I drank only beer for the whole day and had lot of grass(Common the festival was happening in Netherlands). We watched bands like Jimmy Eat World, Queens of the Stone Age(I liked it), Script and Killers. There were plenty of beer shops, food shops and falafel was quite tasty. The festival closes at 11 in the evening and everyone goes to their respective campsites either A or B and party till wee hours in the party tents in each campsite. The party tent in campsite B where we were camping was full of techno music with DJs giving their best. After partying for a long time, I went to bed around 4 in the morning as was very tired due to the long day.







Next day was same routine as previous day and watched some bands like Gaslight anthem, Phoenix and Kings of Leon and also partied in the campsite B for long time in the night. On Sunday around 12 PM, I said bye to everyone as I had to get back to work on Monday morning. After so much delays in the train, I reached Brussels around 6.30 in the evening and stayed in a hostel where I had stayed 3 years back. I went for a stroll in the city centre and tasted some belgian chocolates and local bakery food. Next day morning, I took the early morning Eurostar at 7 AM to reach London.

Thought of Day: The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. - Saint Augustine

No comments: