Monday, October 04, 2010

Trip to Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, Cologne - Europe

Place: Europe (Paris - Brussels - Amsterdam - Cologne)
Mode: Bus, Train (London Victoria Bus Station - Paris, France - Brussels, Belgium - Amsterdam, Netherlands - Cologne, Germany - Paris, France - London)
Date(s) of Travel: August 09, 2010 - August 21, 2010





You can read more about the place(s) here: Paris, France





You can read more about the place(s) here: Brussels, Belgium





You can read more about the place(s) here: Amsterdam, Netherlands





You can read more about the place(s) here: Cologne, Germany

My Experience:

1. I decided to do a shoe string budget trip to Europe for 11 days. My plan was to travel in eurolines buses (which are cheap across Europe), trains (little costly) and to stay in youth hostels and meet as many people possible and experience different cultures.

2. On August 9th 2010, I started to Paris from London Victoria bus station at around 8 AM. Eurolines buses are too good. The bus reached Dover, England around 11.30 AM. It went inside a train to cross the English channel. That was an kick-ass experience. Within 25 minutes it reached Calais, France at the other end.

3. In the evening around 4 PM reached Paris and I checked-in to the http://www.montclair-hostel.com hostel. It was a quite nice place and met lot of people. I should say some places of Paris are simply superb but some of them are really shady. I stayed in Paris for 4 days and went to Eiffel tower, Louvre museum and few places. I also met my friends whom i met them back in Thailand two years ago. Traditional french dinner with Duck and Wine...oh man..its so nice.

4. On August 12th 2010 afternoon, I started to Brussels, Belgium by bus. I stayed in the http://www.2go4.be/quality/ hostel. The city center of Brussels was quite beautiful. In the hostel met some friends from Argentina and Germany. They were so friendly and even we did a night out in a local pub. It was an unforgettable experience.

5. Next day morning, I roamed the city and did some local sight seeing. In the evening I started to Amsterdam, Netherlands by bus and reached around 10 PM. My friend dinesh who studied with me in college, currently works in Amsterdam, came to pick me up. I decided to stay in Amsterdam for few nights because I heard its a kick-ass place for bachelors.

6. In Amsterdam I went to lot of pubs, live shows and even drove a boat in the canals. I smoked weed which was like feeling heaven. I can't explain in words, how good Amsterdam was. I have some plans to stay in Amsterdam for a month. Lets see, how it goes.

7. On August 17th 2010 morning, I started to Cologne, Germany by train. I traveled in train because I was running short of time and only few bus services to cologne. In the afternoon, I reached cologne and stayed in the http://www.koeln-hostel.de hostel. I would say, Germans are the most friendliest people I have ever seen in Europe.

8. I roamed cologne and went to few places like Cologne Dom, Sculpture park, Panorama. In the evening I went to some pubs where they were playing live rock bands. It was kick ass. On August 19th 2010 evening, I started to Paris by train because I need to catch my night bus back to London.

9. On August 20th 2010 morning I reached back London with lot of beautiful memories. I made lot of friends and I am still in touch with them through facebook. Indeed the world is nice.

Thought of Day: Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school. - Albert Einstein

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice pictures! I particularly like the one of the salade'

Mimi
paris hop on hop off bus