Sunday, July 03, 2011

Short trip to london and India world cup victory celebrations in trafalgar square

Place: London, UK
Route: Tallinn - London - Tallinn
Date(s) of Travel: April 1 - April 4, 2011












You can read more about the place(s) here: Trafalgar Square

My Experience:

1. I had some personal work in London so I thought April 1st weekend would be the right time to go as I was in Tallin which was 2.5 hrs away by air. But my goodness, India reached world cup cricket final and they were about to play against sri-lanka in April 2nd, Saturday.

2. After meeting friends and finishing the personal work I went to a sports bar on saturday with my colleague to watch the cricket world cup final..It was very nervous and all the time I was sipping guinness without taking my eye out of TV.

3. The moment dhoni hit the six and India won the match... I shouted crazy and running around here and there..Did some nadal fist pumping to some of the white guys who invented cricket...damn you guys and pakis...we are the world champs...

4. We know there will be huge celebration in trafalgar square and we ran to the place from picaddly circus...god! that was one crazy night...everybody was shouting india and holding indian flags...Got to meet lot of desi chicks...shouting, vuvuzelas, candle lights, dancing crazily in joy....all for india and being indian...

Thought of Day:Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. - Albert Einstein

No comments: