Sunday, July 03, 2011

Trip to Mainz, Germany and visited a music festival (openohr.de)

Place: Mainz, Germany
Date(s) of Travel: June 10 - June 13, 2011













You can read more about the place(s) here: Mainz, Germany

My Experience:

1. On my way back to India, I decided to take a stopover in Frankfurt, germany to visit my friends...When I reached frankfurt, my friends told me that we will be going to a music festival (www.openohr.de) in Mainz which is 40 kms from frankfurt and also we will be camping there over the weekend..That sounded like a fantastic idea and we headed to Mainz...

2. The festival venue was totally awesome and we made our tents in the camping site...This is the first time I camped in tent and it was a good learning experience for me... The whole festival was full of young german people from all over germany...It was so much fun to be part of a big festival...

3. Met lot of hippies and they all have visited india some or the other time...some of them spoke hindi fluently...i was amazed and even one guy from venenzula talked tamil...he became my good friend...Interacting with them was an quite a eye opener kind of experience towards relationships, money, travelling, communism...hope i took some best out of them and apply in my life...

4. Lot of bands/groups performed in the festival...Totally kickass...drinking beer and even i managed to meet some young people who shared some weed with me...holy moly...enjoying the music with a pint of beer was totally awsome experience...

5. There were lot of small shops, eateries, tattoo place, antiques, indian dress shops by the hippies inside the festival grounds...there was a small indian food shop and the guys became so friendly to me over the three days...german people are loving indian food but with little less spices though...

6. Took some time off from the festival and walked around the city mainz...it was a small but beautiful city...Hope i visit the festival next year and meet the beautiful people again...

Thought of Day:A person starts to live when he can live outside himself. - Albert Einstein

1 comment: