Sunday, August 12, 2012

London 2012 Olymics Experience


Place: London 2012 Olympics

Date: August 11, 2012



Some video Links: 


My Experience:

While I was growing up, watching olympics in television and cheering for my country was such a proud thing to do. Since I happened to be in London during 2012, I decided I should visit the olympic village and watch the games live. When they started issuing tickets it was a big mess. I couldn't get hold of any tickets during the first batch of sales. But during the second batch of sales, I was managed to buy a ticket for Womens handball final and medal ceremony. I was quite happy knowing I am gonna witness history.


The day arrived and I went to the olympic village. It was like a big festival and everyone was so happy to be part of this grand event. For most of the people its gonna be a once in a lifetime experience and I thought the same for me too. Walking from the stratford station to the olympic village entrance was itself joyful. All the volunteers welcomed everyone with big smile and making cheerful comments about different countries, people wearing costumes, kids holding their country flags. :) 

After few security procedures, I was inside the village. I decided to walk around the village before going to my venue which was basketball arena. When I was walking near the main olympic stadium there was a huge noise of about 70000 people shouting. That time mo farah was running his final 5000m event and everybody went nuts. When he won most of brits were so happy and started jumping. Then I decided to go to the McDonalds which was massive in size and it was overfilled with people. They informed that the waiting time would be around 40 mins, so I decided to skip. 

I started walking towards the basketball arena, where the womens handball final event gonna happen in an hour. On the way, there were a bunch of netherlands fans in orange costumes dancing, singing, shouting for their mens hockey final game. That was fun. When I reached the basketball arena, I came to know the final will be between norway and montenegro. There were loads of norway supporters and few for the other country. Once they opened the gates, I went in and the very moment was so thrilling. 

The match was very good and it was a high scoring game. Norway won the game at the last minute, I felt little sad for montenegro because the girls were unbelievably pretty. Norway fans were quite happy with their country's win and started celebrating outside the arena for quite sometime. I watched few celebrations like a kid without taking my eyes off. Finally, started to my home with very good memories.

Thought of Day: Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. - Mark Twain

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice one !!

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed the game. It is always a nice experience to witness it personally..

அண்ணே! நீங்க பிளான் பண்ணி தானே பொண்ணுக வெளையாட்ட பாக்க போனீங்க? இதுல வேற montenegro பொண்ணுக அழகுன்னு வேற வெசன படறீங்க. ;)

~குரு